Birthday Cupcake Buttercream Frosting
- 1 package (16 oz) powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Beat butter, sugar, milk, and vanilla with an electric mixer on low speed until smooth and well blended.
- If it’s too thick, beat in additional milk by the teaspoonful until the frosting is of spreading consistency.
Makes about 2 1/2 cups frosting. (I doubled this recipe for 24 cupcakes and still had enough left over to frost Lillian’s smash cake with it too.)
For the cupcakes, see Birthday Cupcake Recipe.