- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold milk
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, stir together dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt). Add to butter mixture.
- Stir in milk.
- Spoon into lined cupcake/muffin tins.
- Bake 18-25 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Makes 12 cupcakes. (For Lillian’s party of 9 children and 12 adults I doubled the recipe.)
For the frosting I used, go to my Birthday Cupcake Frosting recipe.
(This was adapted from a cooks.com recipe.)